Have you ever uttered the words “I wish my life could be different“? Many have, but not all choose to take the initiative to actually create change. There are many reasons for this mentality, but here is a short list:
- Uncertain of how or what to change
- Paralyzed by current circumstances
- Afraid to change
- Unwilling to change at the moment
- No real desire to change
With the exception of the last reason, all else can be changed if you really want life to be different. Have you ever heard the saying “where there’s a will there’s a way”? It’s true!
STEPS TO CREATE CHANGE…
The following steps can help you begin the process of creating change, and building the life you envision.
- Take the time to stop and think about what changes you truly desire. Don’t rush this step as laying the groundwork for any project is critical; and this is especially true when it comes to making choices about your life.
- Figure out how everything that currently exists in your life works. In other words, what to keep and what to discard. This can range from attitudes, people, places, and things to name a few … as nothing is exempt when it comes to realizing your dreams. This process will require a lot of courage because it forces you to be honest with yourself about who you really are, and who you choose to become. You will have to dig deep for clarity.
- Now that you have a clear understanding of the path you seek, move forward and begin to take action. This may involve research, training, a different thought process, and sometimes money depending on your goal. However, you must understand that without this step you will never achieve your goals.
- Believe in yourself! I know you’ve probably heard this all your life, but if you don’t have confidence in yourself … no one else will either. Your mind knows where your heart is … so it is crucial the two are in sync.
- Be persistent because nothing will ever be accomplished if you give up. This is probably the most important step of all, because without persistence you will never persevere.
No matter who you are, or where you are going in life, following these five steps should prove beneficial in helping you achieve your goals. Remember, there are many different avenues for success, and the possibility for creating change is endless … if you only just believe.
The best way to predict the future is to create it. – Unknown